Solved: Sudden untrusted server blocked error message with AnyConnect

Dec 13, 2019
Security and SD-WAN

If you have encountered the sudden untrusted server blocked error message while using Cisco AnyConnect, you're not alone. At Integrity Hotel Partners, we understand the importance of seamless network connectivity in the Business and Consumer Services - Real Estate industry. In this article, we will explore the causes of this error and provide you with expert solutions to overcome it.

Understanding the Error Message

When you encounter the sudden untrusted server blocked error message with AnyConnect, it usually indicates a problem with the SSL certificate verification process. This error occurs when the certificate presented by the server is either expired, self-signed, or untrusted by AnyConnect.

Possible Causes of the Error

There are several potential reasons why you may be receiving the untrusted server blocked error message. These include:

• Expired SSL certificate: If the SSL certificate on the server has expired, AnyConnect will flag it as untrusted.
  • Self-signed certificate: AnyConnect requires certificates to be signed by a trusted certificate authority (CA). Self-signed certificates are not recognized as trusted.
  • Untrusted CA: If the CA that signed the certificate is not trusted by AnyConnect, it will result in the untrusted server blocked error message.

Solutions to the Error

1. Verify SSL Certificate

Firstly, ensure that the SSL certificate on the server is not expired. Check the certificate's validity period and ensure it is still valid. If the certificate has expired, you need to renew it through a trusted CA.

2. Obtain a Trusted Certificate

If you are using a self-signed certificate, it is recommended to obtain a certificate signed by a trusted CA. This will ensure that AnyConnect recognizes the certificate as trusted and eliminates the untrusted server blocked error message.

3. Validate the Certificate Authority

In some cases, the CA that signed the certificate may not be trusted by AnyConnect. In such situations, you can add the CA's root certificate to the trusted certificate store on your device. This will establish a chain of trust and resolve the untrusted server blocked error message.

4. Update AnyConnect

Ensure that you are using the latest version of Cisco AnyConnect. Older versions may have limitations or known issues that could trigger false untrusted server errors. Updating to the latest version can often resolve such issues.

Conclusion

At Integrity Hotel Partners, we understand the frustrations caused by the sudden untrusted server blocked error message with AnyConnect. By following the solutions outlined above, you can regain smooth network connectivity and eliminate this error. If you require further assistance or have any questions, feel free to reach out to our expert team. We are dedicated to providing reliable and efficient solutions to ensure uninterrupted connectivity in the Business and Consumer Services - Real Estate industry.

Jonas Dhaenens
These types of errors can be daunting, but your article made it manageable. Thank you!
Nov 6, 2023
Ntimama Blank
I've shared this article with my colleagues who have encountered similar issues. It's truly helpful!
Nov 3, 2023
Daniel Evans
I found the approach in this article to be practical, effective, and easy to follow. Thank you!
Oct 14, 2023
Nicci Battilana
Interesting problem! 🤔
Oct 9, 2023
Jonathan Hairgrove
Thank you for providing a clear and well-articulated solution to this frustrating error.
Oct 4, 2023
Maria Rutledge
The detailed explanation and problem-solving approach in this article are commendable.
Sep 25, 2023
Petra Zimmann
This article is a testament to the author's commitment to helping others by sharing practical solutions.
Aug 31, 2023
Akshay Newsletter
The clarity and conciseness of the solution in this article make it a standout resource.
Aug 15, 2023
Michael Bamberger
This article is a testament to the importance of sharing knowledge and helping others in the community.
Jun 4, 2023
Stanley Bryant
Great article! The real estate industry needs reliable network connectivity, and this solution addresses a critical issue.
Feb 28, 2023
Lia Pasternack
Reliable network connectivity is vital in the business services industry, making this article incredibly valuable.
Feb 17, 2023
John Albright
Your article is a testament to the power of collaboration and knowledge-sharing in the tech community.
Feb 16, 2023
Lori Templeton
I'm impressed by the practicality and effectiveness of this solution. It's a must-read for AnyConnect users.
Feb 14, 2023
Stephen Belcher
This article is an excellent guide for resolving the sudden untrusted server blocked error.
Jan 26, 2023
Renee Blanding
Thank you for providing a solution that empowers users with the knowledge and confidence to resolve this error.
Jan 23, 2023
JCPP LLC
Thank you for shedding light on this issue and providing a straightforward fix.
Jan 14, 2023
Andy Kipnes
I appreciate the article's emphasis on making the solution accessible to a broad audience.
Jan 9, 2023
Valeria Valli
Your article made a significant difference in overcoming this error. Thank you for sharing your expertise.
Dec 31, 2022
Sylvia Cruz
Your article is a valuable addition to the resources available for troubleshooting network errors in the real estate industry.
Dec 10, 2022
Edward Conlan
I never realized how crucial network stability is in the Real Estate industry. Thanks for shedding light on this issue.
Dec 5, 2022
Vince Cicconetti
The support and guidance provided in this article are an invaluable asset for resolving this error.
Nov 23, 2022
Jim Telle
I'm impressed by the thoroughness and effectiveness of the solution provided in this article.
Oct 16, 2022
Samir
Kudos to the author for addressing a frustrating issue with such a comprehensive solution.
Oct 10, 2022
Belinda Roberts
I found the information in this article extremely useful. It's definitely going to help others too.
Sep 29, 2022
Gianni Rasom
I'm thrilled to have found this article. The fix worked perfectly for me.
Sep 25, 2022
Mike Trionfo
The error message was a headache, but your solution made it a thing of the past.
Sep 10, 2022
Taylor Welch
The simplicity and efficacy of the fix make this article an indispensable resource for AnyConnect users.
Aug 31, 2022
Keri Matthews
The troubleshooting steps were clear and concise, making it easy to implement the solution.
Aug 24, 2022
Timothee D
The sudden untrusted server blocked error was causing major disruptions, but your solution saved the day.
Aug 19, 2022
Debbie Sterling
Thank you for sharing this solution! It really helped me resolve the error.
Aug 16, 2022
Sean Graber
Thank you for your valuable contribution to the AnyConnect user community.
Jun 24, 2022
Azizeh Yousef
Your knowledge and willingness to share it are truly appreciated. Thank you for this valuable content.
Jun 10, 2022
There
I love how the article explains the technical details in a clear and understandable manner. Well done!
Jun 3, 2022
Jun Marayag
The impact of this solution extends to enhancing the overall stability and usability of the AnyConnect platform.
May 21, 2022
Tommy Young
The information presented in this article is as practical as it is impactful. Well done!
May 8, 2022
Rajkumar Khadgawat
This solution is a valuable addition to the knowledge base for addressing common network errors.
Apr 28, 2022
Tige Mercer
The impact of this solution extends beyond just resolving the error—it enhances user experience.
Apr 4, 2022
Terry Heiliger
The success of this solution speaks to the expertise and dedication of the author. Well done!
Mar 24, 2022
Sophia Hilleary
Thank you for sharing this comprehensive and effective solution with the AnyConnect community.
Feb 21, 2022
Travis Roth
I'm grateful for the effort put into explaining the solution in such an approachable manner.
Feb 20, 2022
Theresa Boothe
I appreciate the clear and detailed steps outlined in the article. Well done!
Jan 9, 2022
Brian Williams
Your dedication to addressing this issue in detail is commendable and greatly appreciated.
Dec 30, 2021
Eduardo Diaz
As a frequent AnyConnect user, this article was a game-changer for me. Thank you!
Dec 19, 2021
Myia
I appreciate the author's commitment to helping others by sharing this effective solution.
Dec 19, 2021
Randy Williams
The user-friendly approach taken in this article makes the solution accessible to a wide audience.
Nov 14, 2021
Andrew Brown
I'm so glad I stumbled upon this article. The fix worked like a charm.
Oct 20, 2021
Frances Odinec
The solution presented in this article is a testament to the author's expertise and dedication.
Oct 13, 2021
Dwight Murfitt
Your article is a fantastic resource for troubleshooting the sudden untrusted server blocked error.
Sep 17, 2021
Mervyn Naidoo
Thank you for making the solution to this error so accessible and easy to follow.
Aug 6, 2021
Elizabeth Cesarini
I'm sure many users will benefit from the practical and user-friendly approach outlined here.
Aug 4, 2021
Alexander Horne
Thank you for providing a solution that's accessible to users with varying levels of technical expertise.
Jul 16, 2021
Jennifer Southard
The step-by-step approach in this article makes it an essential read for anyone facing this error.
Apr 11, 2021
Brian Testa
This article embodies the spirit of collaboration and support within the AnyConnect user community.
Feb 25, 2021
Jocelyn Wong
The value of this solution goes beyond just resolving the error—it improves user confidence in AnyConnect.
Feb 7, 2021
Amy Mercado
The thoroughness of the solution provided in this article sets it apart as a valuable resource.
Jan 6, 2021
Massimo Retro
Encountering this error was frustrating, but your article pointed me in the right direction.
Jan 4, 2021
Aaron Brosnan
I appreciate the effort that went into creating this comprehensive and effective solution.
Dec 27, 2020
Marieke Epskamp
Your article is a valuable resource for addressing the sudden untrusted server blocked error.
Nov 17, 2020
Polly Browne
The simplicity and clarity of the solution make it an essential resource for resolving this error.
Oct 29, 2020
Preston Swovelin
I can imagine the relief that others will feel when they come across this helpful article.
Oct 27, 2020
Hector
The real estate industry relies on smooth network connectivity, making this solution invaluable.
Oct 11, 2020
Gail Richman
The step-by-step instructions were easy to follow and resolved the error efficiently.
Sep 22, 2020
Talkdesk
Your article demonstrates the power of community-driven support and problem-solving. Kudos!
Aug 26, 2020
Christopher Pruijsen
The guidance provided in this article helped resolve an issue that was causing major disruptions.
Aug 22, 2020
Fred Zaeske
Seamless network connectivity is crucial for our operations. This article provided valuable insights.
Jun 13, 2020
David Grimes
This article provides an essential fix for a common problem. Kudos to the author!
Apr 8, 2020
Shridhar Huilgol
The simplicity and efficiency of the fix make it a valuable contribution to the AnyConnect community.
Feb 29, 2020
Fabrice Ranchon
This article is a valuable addition to the repository of solutions for common network errors.
Feb 19, 2020
Denis Rizzuto
This solution is a testament to the author's expertise and dedication to helping others.
Feb 16, 2020
Reynolds Timothy
I've been struggling with this issue for days. Your article is a lifesaver!
Feb 3, 2020