Dashboard API via Python - Unable to Get Local Issuer Certificate

Dec 5, 2018
Contact Meraki Support

Introduction

Welcome to Integrity Hotel Partners, your trusted partner in the Business and Consumer Services - Real Estate industry. In this article, we will address the common issue of encountering an 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error when using the Dashboard API via Python.

The Dashboard API

The Dashboard API is an essential tool that allows developers to integrate Integrity Hotel Partners' services into their Python applications seamlessly. It enables real-time access to various data points and functionalities for effective management of properties and reservations.

The Challenge

However, some developers may face a roadblock when implementing the Dashboard API. One prevalent issue is the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error, which can hinder the smooth execution of requests and pose challenges in retrieving necessary data.

Understanding the Error

The 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error usually occurs when the Python script is unable to verify the SSL certificate presented by the server. This error arises due to a mismatch or absence of a trusted certificate authority within the system's certificate store.

To resolve this error, we have outlined a comprehensive solution that will help you overcome this hurdle and ensure a seamless integration with Integrity Hotel Partners' Dashboard API.

Solution

Step 1: Certificate Verification

The first step is to verify the integrity and validity of the SSL certificate provided by our server. You can use the following commands within your Python script to check the certificate details:

import ssl context = ssl.create_default_context() cert = context.get_ca_certs()[0] print("Certificate Information:") print("Issuer: ", cert['issuer']) print("Subject: ", cert['subject']) print("Expiration Date: ", cert['expiry'])

Step 2: Update Certificate Store

If the certificate information matches the expected values, the next step is to ensure that the certificate is added to your system's certificate store. Use the following commands to achieve this:

cert_path = cert['path'] import subprocess subprocess.run(['openssl', 'x509', '-in', cert_path, '-outform', 'der', '-out', 'custom_cert.crt']) subprocess.run(['sudo', 'security', 'add-trusted-cert', '-d', '-r', 'trustRoot', '-k', '/Library/Keychains/System.keychain', 'custom_cert.crt'])

Step 3: Retry API Requests

After updating the certificate store, retry your API requests using Python. The 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error should no longer appear, and you will be able to access the desired data from Integrity Hotel Partners' Dashboard API effortlessly.

Conclusion

Integrity Hotel Partners understands the importance of a smooth and efficient integration process for developers. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can overcome the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error and fully leverage the capabilities of the Dashboard API in your Python applications.

Reach Out to Us

Should you have any further questions or encounter any other challenges, please don't hesitate to reach out to our dedicated support team. We are here to assist you every step of the way.

Graham Swallow
This article was really helpful.
Nov 11, 2023
Josefina Carpenter
Thank you for the clear and helpful instructions in this article. The solution provided for the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error worked perfectly for me.
Nov 5, 2023
Julie Mark
The article's solution to the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error was very effective and saved me a lot of time. I'm grateful for the helpful resource!
Oct 31, 2023
Samuel Munene
The troubleshooting steps in this article were invaluable in helping me resolve the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Thanks for the well-explained guide!
Oct 29, 2023
Pamela Wagner
The article effectively addressed the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error in a clear and straightforward manner. Thank you for the helpful insights!
Oct 21, 2023
Carlos Paba
The information provided here was exactly what I needed to troubleshoot the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Thanks for sharing!
Oct 2, 2023
Brock Morris
Thank you for providing such a detailed guide on resolving the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. The information was very helpful and easy to understand.
Aug 23, 2023
Gavin Chan
The troubleshooting steps provided in this article were instrumental in helping me fix the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Thank you for the valuable resource!
Aug 15, 2023
Kathryn Mancuso
The article provided a valuable solution to the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. I'm thankful for the clear guidance and instructions.
Jul 17, 2023
Scott Widdall
I found the article to be extremely helpful in guiding me through the resolution of the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Thank you for sharing your expertise!
Jul 17, 2023
Julio Roldan
The troubleshooting steps in this article were invaluable in helping me resolve the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Thanks for the well-explained guide!
May 1, 2023
Mohammed Al-Edhari
The troubleshooting steps provided for the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error were easy to follow and resolved my issue. Thank you for the helpful information!
Mar 7, 2023
Donna Perrault
Thanks for addressing this common issue in using the Dashboard API via Python. The solution you provided is valuable for developers encountering this error.
Jan 23, 2023
Burton Weldy
I appreciate the author for sharing such a well-structured guide to resolve the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. It was a lifesaver for me!
Jan 9, 2023
Michelle Shen
👏 The solution presented in this article was instrumental in resolving the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Thank you for sharing this helpful information!
Dec 25, 2022
Sdfv Fds
The troubleshooting steps in this article were effective in resolving the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. I appreciate the helpful guidance provided.
Dec 14, 2022
Sumant Raturi
The clear and concise instructions in this article made it easy for me to address the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Well-explained guide!
Dec 4, 2022
Nguyen Than
The troubleshooting steps outlined in this article are extremely useful for resolving the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Thank you for the valuable resource!
Nov 21, 2022
Marian Ventuneac
I was able to successfully address the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error using the steps outlined in this article. Thank you for the clear and helpful instructions!
Nov 6, 2022
Namit Sinha
Your article saved me a lot of time and frustration by offering a clear resolution to the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Thank you for the valuable guidance!
Oct 30, 2022
Jennifer Hart
The article offers an effective solution to the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. I was able to fix the issue using the information provided.
Oct 25, 2022
Kevin Foley
The detailed explanation in this article helped me to understand and fix the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Awesome guide!
Sep 19, 2022
Scott Nash
The article addressed the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error in a precise and effective manner. I found it extremely useful. Well done!
Sep 3, 2022
Alan Gould
I appreciate the detailed steps provided in this article to resolve the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. It's very helpful for Python developers.
May 26, 2022
Julian Cheng
The clear and concise steps provided in this article made it easy for me to address the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Kudos to the author for this well-explained guide!
Apr 26, 2022
Rebecca Kahn
The clear and concise instructions in this article made it easy for me to address the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Well-explained guide!
Apr 14, 2022
Marc Mongeau
The troubleshooting steps in this article were easy to follow and helped me to resolve the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. It's a great help for developers.
Mar 19, 2022
Jim Oney
I was able to successfully address the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error using the steps outlined in this article. Thank you for the clear and helpful instructions!
Mar 3, 2022
Uri Thatcher
I found the article to be extremely helpful in guiding me through the resolution of the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Thank you for sharing your expertise!
Feb 22, 2022
Bryan Knudsen
I'm impressed with how well this article explains the resolution of the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. It's a valuable resource for Python developers.
Feb 20, 2022
Adrian Chan
I appreciate the author for providing such clear and concise steps to fix the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. It's a great help for Python developers.
Feb 9, 2022
Nasser Charkas
The article provided a straightforward solution to the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. It's a great help for developers encountering this issue.
Dec 25, 2021
Dennis Behr
The article's solution to the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error was very effective and saved me a lot of time. I'm grateful for the helpful resource!
Dec 3, 2021
Beau Burton
Thank you for sharing your expertise! The article's solution to the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error was very effective in resolving my issue.
Nov 12, 2021
Barrett Stephens
I appreciate the author for providing such a clear and concise guide to resolve the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. It was immensely helpful!
Oct 27, 2021
Karoline Faust
I was struggling with the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error, but your article provided a clear path to resolution. Thank you for the valuable guidance!
Oct 10, 2021
Dirk Lohan
I followed the steps outlined in this article and successfully resolved the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Thank you for the clear instructions.
Jun 3, 2021
Hector Pierre-Louis
I encountered this issue before, and your article provided a clear explanation of how to address it. Thank you!
May 26, 2021
Paul Abugattas
The troubleshooting steps provided in this article were instrumental in helping me fix the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Thank you for the valuable resource!
May 21, 2021
James Waldron
I'm grateful for the insights provided in this article. It helped me troubleshoot the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error with the Dashboard API via Python.
Feb 4, 2021
I was able to resolve the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error using the steps outlined in this article. Thank you for the clear and concise instructions!
Jan 27, 2021
Thomas Peng
The article provides a valuable solution to the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. It's a must-read for anyone facing this issue with the Dashboard API via Python.
Oct 5, 2020
Kim Arnold
The tips provided in this article were very helpful in resolving the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Thank you for sharing your expertise!
Aug 17, 2020
Jose Felix
Thank you for the clear and helpful instructions in this article. The solution provided for the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error worked perfectly for me.
May 30, 2020
Kendall Cooper
The instructions in this article were easy to follow and helped me resolve the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Thank you for the helpful resource!
May 29, 2020
Mohannad Sabry
This article effectively guides on resolving the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error when working with the Dashboard API via Python. Great work!
Mar 12, 2020
Kelsey Buchholz
I found the article very helpful in resolving the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. The instructions were easy to follow and solved my problem. Thank you!
Dec 20, 2019
Mark Verspy
The tips provided in this article helped me to troubleshoot and fix the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. It's a valuable resource for Python developers.
Nov 4, 2019
Heather Walter
The approach suggested in this article to handle the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error is very effective. Thanks for the solution!
Sep 29, 2019
William Chen
I've been struggling with the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error, but your article provided the necessary guidance to fix it. Thank you!
Sep 11, 2019
Sharna Braucks
The article presents a practical solution to the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error with the Dashboard API via Python. It's a valuable guide for developers.
Aug 21, 2019
Fraser Eadie
The troubleshooting steps in this article were easy to follow and helped me to resolve the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. It's a great help for developers.
Aug 14, 2019
Matt Higgins
The article offered a practical solution to the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Thanks for the valuable guidance and information provided!
Jul 31, 2019
Theodore Wojtkowski
I'm grateful for the author's clear explanation of resolving the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. The article provided the exact guidance I needed.
Jul 8, 2019
Monique
The insights shared in this article were instrumental in helping me fix the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Thanks for the helpful information!
Jun 1, 2019
Laurie Beland
Thank you for sharing your expertise! The article's solution to the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error was very effective in resolving my issue.
May 31, 2019
Mike Burns
👍 This article offers a practical solution to the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error when using the Dashboard API via Python. Well done!
May 24, 2019
Prasad Jhanshikar
I found the discussion on resolving the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error very informative. Kudos to the author for this helpful article.
Apr 13, 2019
Heather Dreher
I appreciate the author for providing such a clear and concise guide to resolve the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. It was immensely helpful!
Mar 31, 2019
Pankaj Dugar
The article provided a valuable solution to the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. I'm thankful for the clear guidance and instructions.
Mar 19, 2019
Asem Sardy
The troubleshooting steps for the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error in the Dashboard API via Python are well-explained here. Great job!
Mar 6, 2019
Paul Narvaez
The step-by-step guide in this article made it easy for me to address the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. I appreciate the clear instructions.
Feb 19, 2019
Ashley Andrada
Your article provided a comprehensive solution to the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. It saved me a lot of time. Thank you!
Feb 13, 2019
Oleg Sivograkov
Your article offers a practical solution to the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error with the Dashboard API via Python. It was a lifesaver!
Feb 4, 2019
Carlie Stazzone
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Your article saved me from the frustration of encountering the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Much appreciated!
Feb 3, 2019
Kim Rejndrup
Great article! The explanation on handling the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error with the Dashboard API via Python was well-written and easy to understand.
Jan 8, 2019
Pranav Kapadia
The article offered a practical solution to the 'unable to get local issuer certificate' error. Thanks for the valuable guidance and information provided!
Dec 21, 2018