Re: Cisco DNS Umbrella is blocking legitimate site! How to overcome this

Nov 3, 2021
Security and SD-WAN

Integrity Hotel Partners understands the frustration caused when legitimate sites get blocked by Cisco DNS Umbrella. As a leading player in the Business and Consumer Services - Real Estate industry, our team of experts has encountered such issues numerous times and is well-versed in providing effective solutions.

Understanding Cisco DNS Umbrella

Cisco DNS Umbrella is a powerful security solution that protects organizations from malicious websites and threats. It leverages DNS to block access to potentially harmful sites by matching requested domains against its extensive database of known threats and unwanted content.

The Challenge of False Positives

While Cisco DNS Umbrella is highly effective, it can sometimes classify legitimate sites as threats, leading to false positives. This can be frustrating and disruptive, particularly for businesses in the Real Estate sector who rely on seamless access to various online resources.

The Impact on Integrity Hotel Partners

At Integrity Hotel Partners, we have witnessed instances where Cisco DNS Umbrella has mistakenly flagged legitimate real estate websites, impacting our ability to provide uninterrupted service to our clients. However, through our extensive experience, we have developed effective strategies to overcome this challenge.

Resolving Cisco DNS Umbrella Blocks: Our Solutions

1. Whitelisting

Whitelisting is a key step in resolving Cisco DNS Umbrella blocking issues. By adding the affected website's domain to the whitelist, you can ensure uninterrupted access to the site while still benefiting from the overall security offered by Cisco DNS Umbrella. Our experts at Integrity Hotel Partners can guide you through the whitelisting process, ensuring a smooth experience.

2. Reviewing Categorization

Cisco DNS Umbrella categorizes websites based on their content. Sometimes, legitimate real estate sites may fall into categories associated with potential threats due to similarities in certain keywords or characteristics. In such cases, our team can work with you to review and adjust the categorization, ensuring that your site is recognized as legitimate and accessible.

3. Custom DNS Policies

An advanced approach involves creating custom DNS policies tailored specifically for your organization's needs. By fine-tuning DNS policies, Integrity Hotel Partners can help you strike the ideal balance between security and accessibility, ensuring that Cisco DNS Umbrella does not hinder your day-to-day operations.

Preventing Future Blocks

While resolving immediate concerns is vital, implementing preventive measures can save you time and effort in the long run. We recommend the following steps to minimize the likelihood of further Cisco DNS Umbrella blocks:

1. Continuous Monitoring

Keep a close eye on your website's status and regularly review Cisco DNS Umbrella reports to identify any potential issues before they escalate. Timely detection and resolution can prevent significant disruptions and ensure smooth operations.

2. Proactive Communication

Stay in touch with your clients, customers, and industry peers to keep them informed about potential blocking incidents. Promptly address any concerns by explaining the situation and the measures you're taking to resolve the issue. Open communication builds trust and understanding.

3. Collaborate with Experts

Partnering with professionals who specialize in tackling Cisco DNS Umbrella blocking concerns can prove invaluable. At Integrity Hotel Partners, our team possesses extensive knowledge and experience in navigating such challenges, allowing us to provide personalized solutions to safeguard your online presence.

Conclusion

Integrity Hotel Partners, a leader in the Business and Consumer Services - Real Estate industry, understands the impact of Cisco DNS Umbrella blocking legitimate sites. Through our expertise and comprehensive solutions, we can help you overcome these challenges and ensure smooth access to essential online resources. Don't let false positives hinder your operations. Contact Integrity Hotel Partners today for effective and tailored strategies.

Ofogh Iranian
Facing similar issues with DNS Umbrella has been a challenge. It's reassuring to know that others have found solutions.
Nov 4, 2023
Annette Halloway
I'm glad to have come across this article, as navigating DNS blocks has been a significant challenge. The practical tips shared here are truly helpful.
Oct 29, 2023
Olivia Shiland
Overcoming DNS blocks can feel overwhelming, but with the guidance offered in this article, it becomes more manageable.
Oct 26, 2023
Chez Carlos
The frustration of encountering DNS blocks is shared by many. Learning from those who have overcome these challenges is beneficial.
Oct 25, 2023
Elizabeth Tavarez
I've been struggling to address DNS blocks, but this article has provided useful insights for overcoming these challenges.
Oct 19, 2023
Paul Divine
Nice article! 👍
Oct 5, 2023
Phil Graham
I appreciate the actionable advice shared in this article for dealing with DNS blocks. It's a valuable resource for those facing similar challenges.
Oct 4, 2023
Shari Perry
I didn't realize that even legitimate sites could be blocked by DNS filters. Understanding how to overcome this is valuable information.
Sep 10, 2023
Joel Macdonald
I've been feeling overwhelmed by DNS blocks, but this article provides practical solutions that offer a sense of relief.
Sep 2, 2023
Leslie Kozlowski
As a website administrator, encountering DNS blocks has been a challenge. This article offers insightful tips for navigating these obstacles.
Aug 18, 2023
Hassib Massoumi
I've been seeking solutions for DNS blocks, and this article offers valuable insights that are truly appreciated.
Aug 6, 2023
Destre Leifson
Overcoming DNS blocks is a common struggle for many. Having access to practical suggestions, as in this article, is greatly appreciated.
Aug 4, 2023
Ashwin Narayan
It's great to hear from industry experts who have dealt with these issues. Finding a solution is crucial for a seamless online experience.
Aug 3, 2023
Jodi Inman
Experiencing frustrations with DNS blocks is a common issue. Thank you for providing practical insights for overcoming these obstacles.
Jun 24, 2023
James Benson
I appreciate the insight into overcoming Cisco DNS Umbrella blocks. It's always helpful to learn from experienced professionals.
Jun 18, 2023
Anna
I've encountered similar challenges with DNS filtering. It's refreshing to find practical solutions and insights in this article.
Jun 5, 2023
Timeka Anderson
I've been feeling overwhelmed by DNS blocks, but this article provides practical solutions that offer a sense of relief.
Jun 1, 2023
Michael Ling
Thank you for shining a light on the complexities of overcoming DNS blocks. The insights shared in this article are truly valuable.
May 29, 2023
Richard Hutto
Thank you for providing practical strategies for addressing DNS blocks. This article offers valuable guidance for navigating these challenges.
May 10, 2023
Nancy
The topic of overcoming DNS blocks is highly relevant in today's digital landscape. This article offers valuable insights for addressing these challenges.
May 9, 2023
Kay Sok
As an IT professional, I can relate to the frustration of DNS blocks. It's reassuring to find resources like this article for guidance.
May 7, 2023
Unknown
Thank you for providing practical strategies for addressing DNS blocks. This article offers valuable guidance for navigating these challenges.
Apr 21, 2023
Pat Paull
As an IT professional, I've found the guidance in this article to be truly beneficial in addressing DNS blocks. Thank you for sharing these insights.
Apr 18, 2023
Steven Marcus
As an IT professional, I've found the guidance in this article to be truly beneficial in addressing DNS blocks. Thank you for sharing these insights.
Apr 6, 2023
John Garlewski
The advice shared in this article is truly helpful for navigating the complexities of DNS blocks. Thank you for providing valuable guidance.
Mar 31, 2023
Denise Beck
As a tech enthusiast, understanding the intricacies of DNS filtering is important. Overcoming blocks like these is part of the learning process.
Mar 27, 2023
Robert Schoening
Overcoming DNS blocks can be overwhelming, but the actionable insights in this article offer a sense of direction.
Mar 4, 2023
Zaheer Khan
Thank you for shining a light on the complexities of overcoming DNS blocks. The insights shared in this article are truly valuable.
Feb 25, 2023
Vicki Jones
The familiarity of facing DNS blocks is comforting, knowing that there are practical solutions shared in this article to address these challenges.
Feb 23, 2023
Mali Kue
I've been searching for ways to address DNS blocks, and this article provides actionable advice that is greatly appreciated.
Feb 23, 2023
Emily Tsiang
I never realized the complexity of overcoming DNS filters until encountering them firsthand. The advice provided in this article is truly appreciated.
Feb 22, 2023
Bruce Bordine
I've been struggling to find a way around DNS blocks, but this article offers practical solutions that are truly helpful.
Feb 19, 2023
Kyle Bruss
Finding ways to overcome DNS blocks has been a priority for me. This article provides actionable strategies that are appreciated.
Feb 8, 2023
Gaurav Mehta
Understanding how to navigate DNS blocks is essential in today's digital landscape. This article provides helpful information for overcoming these obstacles.
Feb 3, 2023
Diane Leunen
Understanding how to address DNS blocks is crucial for a seamless online experience. I'm grateful for the guidance offered in this article.
Jan 17, 2023
Jb Ozuna
The frustration of dealing with DNS blocks is real, but the solutions provided in this article offer hope and practical guidance.
Jan 15, 2023
Daniel Reynolds
Thank you for sharing your expertise in overcoming DNS blocks. The insights provided here are truly helpful for navigating these challenges.
Jan 14, 2023
Sheldon Krawchuk
Overcoming DNS blocks requires a strategic approach. I appreciate the insights shared in this article.
Jan 1, 2023
Rene Schwarb
Overcoming DNS blocks can be overwhelming, but the actionable insights in this article offer a sense of direction.
Dec 20, 2022
Chris O'Brien
Finding ways to bypass DNS blocks is an important skill for IT professionals. It's great to have this resource for guidance.
Dec 14, 2022
Jack Oster
The frustrations of dealing with DNS blocks are deeply felt, but the practical advice shared in this article provides a sense of relief.
Nov 24, 2022
Moey Shawash
Nov 8, 2022
Nathan Taramai
Finding ways to overcome DNS blocks has been a priority for me. This article provides actionable strategies that are appreciated.
Oct 29, 2022
Charles Prince
The frustrations of dealing with DNS blocks are deeply felt, but the practical advice shared in this article provides a sense of relief.
Oct 28, 2022
Alexandra Ciak
The advice shared in this article is truly helpful for navigating the complexities of DNS blocks. Thank you for providing valuable guidance.
Oct 21, 2022
Otto Rieck
The struggle with DNS blocking is real, but it's encouraging to see practical solutions being shared in this article.
Oct 16, 2022
Jim Tumolo
Oct 14, 2022
Kara Hendren
The frustration of dealing with DNS blocks is real, but the solutions provided in this article offer hope and practical guidance.
Oct 10, 2022
James Jackson
Sep 25, 2022
James Wemett
Sep 12, 2022
Sean McQuaid
The familiarity of facing DNS blocks is comforting, knowing that there are practical solutions shared in this article to address these challenges.
Sep 12, 2022
Ringsluiceekqazl+Enb
As a network administrator, I've faced similar challenges with DNS filters. It's important to find a balance between security and accessibility.
Aug 13, 2022
Ashley Lavacot
Understanding how to navigate DNS blocks is necessary for a seamless online experience. The guidance offered in this article is truly beneficial.
Aug 1, 2022
Joseph Rigby
Thank you for shedding light on the complexities of overcoming DNS blocks. The insights shared in this article are truly enlightening.
Jul 31, 2022
Curt Wilson
Jul 24, 2022
Axhay Axhay
I've been struggling to find a way around DNS blocks, but this article offers practical solutions that are truly helpful.
Jul 4, 2022
Leo Zen
I've been struggling to address DNS blocks, but this article has provided useful insights for overcoming these challenges.
Jul 4, 2022
Mary Rockefeller
Jun 26, 2022
Mary Riley
Jun 25, 2022
Mercedes Akutagawa
I've bookmarked this article for future reference. Receiving advice from professionals with experience in these matters is invaluable.
May 18, 2022
Beverly Donze
I'm impressed by the proactive approach to addressing DNS blocking issues in this article. It's a valuable resource for those facing similar challenges.
May 13, 2022
Julio Garcia
It's good to see a solution-oriented approach to DNS blocking. Maintaining accessibility while ensuring security is a delicate balance.
May 9, 2022
John Jones
May 8, 2022
Patrick Haywood
I never realized the impact of DNS filtering until experiencing it firsthand. Overcoming these blocks is essential for a seamless browsing experience.
Apr 29, 2022
Una Vejsbjerg
This article provides practical advice for dealing with DNS blocks. It's crucial for businesses to stay proactive in addressing these issues.
Apr 6, 2022
Cliff Jones
As someone dealing with DNS blocks, it's reassuring to find comprehensive advice in this article. The strategies shared here are truly beneficial.
Apr 5, 2022
Ronald Cathcart
I've been searching for ways to address DNS blocks, and this article provides actionable advice that is greatly appreciated.
Feb 19, 2022
Corey Egan
Finding a way around DNS blocks can be daunting, but this article provides practical strategies for overcoming these challenges.
Feb 14, 2022
Kerrie Kennedy
Experiencing frustration with DNS blocks led me to seek out practical advice. This article offers valuable guidance for overcoming these obstacles.
Jan 18, 2022
Todd Smith
The challenges of DNS blocks are real, but so are the solutions shared in this article. It's important to remain proactive in addressing these issues.
Jan 14, 2022
Seemaa Zuhair
Jan 14, 2022
Zacher
I've been feeling overwhelmed by DNS blocks, but this article provides a sense of direction with its practical suggestions.
Jan 5, 2022
Quyen Chan
Understanding how to navigate DNS blocks is necessary for a seamless online experience. The guidance offered in this article is truly beneficial.
Dec 30, 2021
Katerina Kosta
I've been looking for ways to work around DNS filtering. This article offers helpful insights for overcoming these obstacles.
Dec 20, 2021
Alex Aftalion
I've been seeking solutions for DNS blocks, and this article offers valuable insights that are truly appreciated.
Dec 19, 2021
Carlos Carrion
Thank you for addressing this issue. It's really frustrating when legitimate sites get blocked by security measures.
Dec 2, 2021
Josh Shorley
I've spent a lot of time searching for solutions to DNS blocks. This article provides practical advice that is truly valuable.
Dec 1, 2021
UNKNOWN
Navigating DNS blocks can be frustrating, but finding actionable advice in this article is truly beneficial.
Nov 28, 2021