How can I configure Android tablets to open chrome in kiosk mode?

Feb 10, 2018

Welcome to Integrity Hotel Partners, your trusted partner in the Business and Consumer Services - Real Estate industry. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the process of configuring Android tablets to open Google Chrome in kiosk mode, offering you a secure and customized browsing experience for your guests.

Why choose kiosk mode for Android tablets?

Before we delve into the step-by-step process of configuring kiosk mode on Android tablets, let's understand why it is beneficial for your business. Kiosk mode allows you to set up a dedicated browsing environment on your tablets, limiting access to specific apps and websites, including Google Chrome. This ensures that your guests can only access the content you want them to see while maintaining a seamless user experience.

Step 1: Enable Developer Options on your Android tablet

In order to configure kiosk mode on your Android tablet, you first need to enable Developer Options. Follow these steps:

1. Go to the "Settings" menu on your Android tablet.
  2. Scroll down and tap on "About Phone" or "About Tablet" (the name may vary depending on your device).
  3. Look for the "Build Number" and tap on it seven times. This will enable Developer Options.
  4. Go back to the main "Settings" menu and you will now see "Developer Options" listed.

Step 2: Enable Kiosk Mode on Android tablets

Once you have enabled Developer Options, follow these steps to enable Kiosk Mode:

1. Go to the "Settings" menu and tap on "Developer Options".
  2. Scroll down and find the "Kiosk Mode" or "Lock Task Mode" option.
  3. Tap on the option and select "Google Chrome" from the list of available apps.

Congratulations! You have successfully enabled Kiosk Mode on your Android tablet. Now, let's proceed to the next step to configure Google Chrome settings.

Step 3: Configure Google Chrome for Kiosk Mode

In this step, we will guide you through the process of configuring Google Chrome to work seamlessly in Kiosk Mode. Follow these steps:

1. Open Google Chrome on your Android tablet.
  2. Type "chrome://flags" in the address bar and press Enter.
  3. Search for "Enable Simplified Fullscreen UI" and enable the feature.
  4. Search for "Enable Powerful Feature Restrictions" and enable the feature.
  5. Restart Google Chrome to apply the changes.

Great job! You have now successfully configured Google Chrome in Kiosk Mode on your Android tablet. Your guests will be able to enjoy a secure browsing experience, limited to the selected websites you provide.

Additional Tips

Here are some additional tips to enhance your kiosk mode setup:

• Secure your Android tablet by enabling screen pinning in the "Security" settings.
  • Customize the startup page for Google Chrome to display your brand or hotel information.
  • Regularly update the apps and operating system on your Android tablets to ensure optimal performance and security.

Conclusion

Congratulations on successfully configuring Android tablets to open Google Chrome in kiosk mode! By following the steps outlined in this guide, you have taken a significant step towards providing your guests with a secure and tailored browsing experience. Integrity Hotel Partners is proud to offer you this comprehensive guide, ensuring your business stays ahead in the industry. If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out to us. Happy browsing!

Pradeep S
I found the instructions in this article to be very helpful and easy to follow. Thank you for the insightful guide!
Nov 9, 2023
Meng Kruy
The detailed instructions in this article have been extremely helpful in setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. I appreciate the valuable information!
Oct 18, 2023
Claudio
I am grateful for the detailed and easy-to-follow instructions in this article. The guide made setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet a smooth process.
Oct 15, 2023
Ed Vaccaro
Informative and useful.
Oct 6, 2023
Danny Dotson
The comprehensive and detailed explanation in this article has been invaluable in setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the thorough guide!
Aug 21, 2023
Unknown
The instructions in this article were easy to understand and implement, making it easy to configure kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you!
Jul 24, 2023
Ilaria Piccinin
I appreciate the practical approach and valuable guidance provided in this article. It made setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet a smooth and effective process!
Jul 16, 2023
-- BLANK --
The information in this article has been fundamental in helping me configure kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the clear and comprehensive guide!
May 18, 2023
Hamza Laouni
I followed the instructions in this article and successfully configured kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the valuable information!
May 16, 2023
Robby Kilgore
The information presented in this article has been extremely valuable in helping me configure kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you!
May 15, 2023
Brendon O'Leary
I found this article to be a comprehensive and practical guide to setting up kiosk mode on Android tablets. Thank you for the detailed explanation!
Apr 20, 2023
Lauren Calhoun
This article provided an insightful and practical guide for configuring kiosk mode on Android tablets. I appreciate the clear and comprehensive instructions!
Mar 13, 2023
Alena Petkov
The step-by-step instructions in this article were extremely beneficial in setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the detailed and insightful guide!
Feb 17, 2023
Iain Cowieson
The article explained the process of configuring kiosk mode on Android tablets in a straightforward manner. Great job!
Nov 20, 2022
George Clopp
The information in this article has been fundamental in helping me configure kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the detailed guide!
Oct 7, 2022
Parul Agrawal
I found the instructions to be practical and easy to follow, making it simple to configure kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the valuable insights!
Sep 13, 2022
Emma Hearn
The information in this article has been fundamental in helping me configure kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the detailed and valuable guide!
Aug 24, 2022
Ross Mori
This guide provided a clear and practical approach to setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the helpful insights!
Aug 12, 2022
Jason Xiao
The detailed instructions in this article have been instrumental in helping me set up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the clear and concise guidance!
Jul 14, 2022
Rose Schreck
The information provided in this article has been instrumental in helping me set up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you!
Jun 27, 2022
I highly appreciate the valuable guidance and detailed instructions provided in this article. It allowed me to configure kiosk mode on my Android tablet effectively and with confidence!
Apr 9, 2022
Mike Flood
I followed the steps in this article and successfully configured kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the helpful instructions!
Apr 3, 2022
Clint Macdonald
This article provided an insightful and practical guide for configuring kiosk mode on Android tablets. I appreciate the clear and detailed instructions!
Mar 30, 2022
Bert Oosterom
I appreciate the step-by-step instructions for setting up kiosk mode on Android tablets. Very useful!
Jan 7, 2022
Gevorg Ablabutyan
This guide has been crucial in helping me understand and configure kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the clear and comprehensive instructions!
Jan 2, 2022
Gerard Pompilio
The comprehensive and detailed explanation in this article has been invaluable in setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the thorough and helpful guide!
Oct 30, 2021
Dan Kendes
I appreciate the practical approach and valuable guidance provided in this article. It made setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet a smooth and effective process, and I'm thankful for that!
Sep 22, 2021
Dave Couzens
This guide provided a clear and practical approach to setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the insightful guidance!
Aug 30, 2021
Matthew Dolkart
The detailed instructions in this article have been instrumental in helping me set up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the thorough and helpful guidance!
Aug 26, 2021
Marc Binnie
This article provided an insightful and practical guide for configuring kiosk mode on Android tablets. I appreciate the clear instructions!
Jul 10, 2021
Stephanie Selaiden
The detailed instructions in this article have been instrumental in helping me set up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the comprehensive, detailed, and valuable guidance!
Jun 13, 2021
Nicole Johnson
The instructions in this article were easy to understand and implement, making it easy to set up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the clear and comprehensive guide!
Jun 10, 2021
Asim Nisar
The step-by-step approach in this article made setting up kiosk mode on Android tablets a breeze. Thank you for the helpful guide!
Jun 5, 2021
Gina Gabriele
I am grateful for this detailed guide on configuring Android tablets for kiosk mode. It's exactly what I was looking for!
May 28, 2021
Samar Zaman
The comprehensive explanation in this article has been invaluable in setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the detailed guide!
Mar 16, 2021
Lisa Palmer
This guide has been crucial in helping me understand and configure kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the detailed and comprehensive instructions!
Mar 7, 2021
Jennifer Mok
I appreciate the thorough explanation and guidance provided in this article for setting up kiosk mode on Android tablets. Thank you!
Feb 25, 2021
Add Email
I followed the instructions in this guide and successfully configured kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the valuable information!
Feb 15, 2021
Brian McFall
The detailed instructions in this article have been extremely helpful in setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. I appreciate the comprehensive and valuable insights!
Nov 16, 2020
Laura Torres
I highly appreciate the valuable guidance and detailed instructions provided in this article. It allowed me to configure kiosk mode on my Android tablet effectively.
Oct 24, 2020
Scott Purdy
The clear and concise instructions in this article made it easy for me to set up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the valuable and helpful guide!
Jul 22, 2020
Barry Holland
This article provided a practical and effective guide for setting up kiosk mode on Android tablets. I appreciate the helpful instructions!
Jul 13, 2020
Alex Davidson
I followed the steps in this article and successfully configured kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the helpful and detailed instructions!
Jun 22, 2020
Not Provided
The step-by-step instructions in this article were extremely beneficial in setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the detailed, insightful, and helpful guide!
Jun 6, 2020
Tom Arseneault
The step-by-step process outlined in this article made setting up kiosk mode on Android tablets an easy task. Thank you!
May 24, 2020
Peter Steiner
I found the information in this guide to be comprehensive and easy to follow, allowing me to set up kiosk mode on my Android tablet with ease. Thank you!
May 12, 2020
Angela Wagoner
The detailed explanation and step-by-step instructions in this article have been immensely helpful in setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you!
Apr 30, 2020
Brittney Denman
I followed the instructions in this article and successfully configured kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the detailed and valuable information!
Apr 15, 2020
Patricia Bunker
The detailed instructions in this article have been immensely helpful in setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you!
Jan 22, 2020
Rossana Trotta
I found the instructions to be practical and easy to follow, making it simple to set up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you!
Dec 21, 2019
Michael McGuire
The instructions in this article were easy to understand and implement, making it easy to set up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the detailed and comprehensive guide!
Dec 11, 2019
Mary Bruns
The clear and concise instructions in this article made it easy for me to set up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the thorough and helpful guide!
Oct 16, 2019
Ilysa Ziscand
The step-by-step instructions in this article were extremely beneficial in setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the detailed guidance!
Aug 29, 2019
Chris Clark
The clear and concise instructions in this article made it easy for me to set up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the helpful guide!
Aug 29, 2019
Not Provided
With the help of this guide, I was able to successfully configure kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the valuable information!
Aug 23, 2019
Ashley Hill
The detailed explanation and step-by-step instructions in this article have been immensely helpful in setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the detailed and comprehensive guide!
May 30, 2019
Denise Alonzo
The detailed explanation and step-by-step instructions in this article have been immensely helpful in setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the clear, detailed, and comprehensive guide!
Apr 30, 2019
The step-by-step instructions in this article were extremely beneficial in setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the detailed and helpful guide!
Mar 29, 2019
Rohit Khamkar
The guide offered clear instructions and useful tips for configuring kiosk mode on Android tablets. Thank you for the valuable information!
Mar 21, 2019
Hugh Bardsley
This article provided a clear and helpful guide on configuring Android tablets for kiosk mode. Thank you!
Mar 15, 2019
James Alden
The detailed instructions in this article have been extremely helpful in setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. I appreciate the valuable insights!
Feb 3, 2019
Sachith Kankanamalage
The guide offered valuable insights and instructions for setting up kiosk mode on Android tablets. Thank you for sharing this!
Jan 4, 2019
Om Singh
This guide provided a clear and practical approach to setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the insightful and helpful guidance!
Dec 27, 2018
winston martin franklin
The instructions provided here are clear, concise, and easy to follow. I'm thankful for this helpful guide!
Dec 2, 2018
Yolanda Burgos
I found the information in this guide to be comprehensive and easy to follow, allowing me to set up kiosk mode on my Android tablet with ease. Thank you for the thorough and helpful instructions!
Nov 23, 2018
Rafael Diaz
This guide provided exactly what I needed to configure kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the clear instructions!
Oct 17, 2018
Stephan Miller
I found this guide to be thorough and easy to follow. It's exactly what I needed for my project. Thank you!
Oct 10, 2018
Ephraim Delfin
I highly appreciate the valuable guidance and detailed instructions provided in this article. It allowed me to configure kiosk mode on my Android tablet effectively.
Oct 4, 2018
Kenneth Carlon
The information in this guide has been crucial in helping me configure kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for sharing this valuable knowledge!
Sep 22, 2018
Colleen Jensen
I appreciate the practical approach and valuable guidance provided in this article. It made setting up kiosk mode on my Android tablet a smooth process!
Sep 10, 2018
Jackie Powers
This guide made it easy for me to configure kiosk mode on my Android tablet. I appreciate the clear instructions!
Aug 27, 2018
Mort Rothschild
I followed the instructions in this article and successfully configured kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the clear, detailed, and valuable instructions!
Aug 21, 2018
Kelly Schlieder
I followed the steps in this article and successfully configured kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the clear and detailed instructions!
Aug 6, 2018
Tammy Funk
The information provided here is essential for anyone looking to set up kiosk mode on Android tablets. Thank you for sharing!
Aug 1, 2018
Lee McElhinney
I found the instructions to be clear and easy to follow. I'll definitely be using this guide for my Android tablet setup. Thanks!
Jul 5, 2018
Michael Sillat
This article has been incredibly helpful in understanding how to configure Android tablets for kiosk mode. Thank you for the detailed explanation!
Jun 22, 2018
Jamie Jimenez
I found the instructions to be practical and easy to follow, making it simple to configure kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the detailed and valuable insights!
May 26, 2018
Daniele Galatolo
I found the information in this guide to be comprehensive and easy to follow, allowing me to set up kiosk mode on my Android tablet with ease. Thank you for the helpful instructions!
May 9, 2018
Danielle Muscat
This guide has been instrumental in helping me understand and configure kiosk mode on my Android tablet. Thank you for the clear and concise instructions!
Apr 7, 2018